We’ve booked the Dockside Lounge at the Granville Island Hotel for our wedding on October 1, 2011. If you’re visiting from out of town (or just want to spend the night at the hotel), we have a block of rooms reserved with a special rate. Contact the hotel at 1-800-663-1840 (+1 604-683-7373 if calling from outside Canada/USA) or firstname.lastname@example.org for details. We’ll keep updating this page with information as needed.
We’re registered at Provide for a set of Heath Ceramics and at The Bay for a few things. We’re already well established in our home and have most of what we need, but we’re visiting Australia for our honeymoon and welcome any contributions towards that adventure.
The Granville Island Hotel is located at 1253 Johnston Street, at the east end of Granville Island. The ceremony will start at 3:30 at Ron Basford Park next to the hotel, and the reception will follow at 5:30 in the Dockside Lounge inside the hotel.
Here are some of our favourite things to do.
- On Granville Island
- Edible Canada has a great market tour
- all the stores in the Net Loft and the Public Market
- Artisan Sake Maker
- Granville Island Brewery also does tours
- JJ Bean Coffee Roasters
- Go Fish, just off Granville Island, makes great fish & chips
- False Creek Ferries and The Aquabus run little ferries up and down False Creek, making it easy to walk between Granville Island and other points of interest
- The Granville Island Stage of the Arts Club Theatre Company
- Cactus Club Cafe features desserts by our very own Wendy Boys
- Connie’s Cookhouse for some casual tasty Chinese food, like their ginger beef or Szechuan green beans
- Gyoza King
- Hapa Izakaya
- Kintaro and Motomachi Shokudo make amazing ramen – Motomachi has a bit more selection and a nicer interior
- The Noodle Box for a quick and delicious south-east Asian noodle lunch, like their Thai Style Chow Mein or Singapore Cashew Curry
- UBC’s Nitobe Garden and Museum of Anthropology
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- hundreds of flavours at La Casa Gelato
- Translink for bus/train schedules and trip planning
- The Vancouver Trolley Company and Big Pink Sightseeing Bus Tours
- Stanley Park of course
- Dr. Sun Yat Sen Chinese Garden
- Jericho beach, Kitsilano beach, the English Bay Inukshuk, and basically all of Vancouver’s scenic sea wall
- Science World